The light weight, durable, and compact Motorized Saddle Machine is known throughout the welding industry for its longevity, dependability and precise cutting accuracy.
The Motorized Saddle Machine rotates a cutting torch around the surface of a steel pipe, while producing a high quality cut. These machines are available in 115 VAC and 230 VAC for pipe sizes 1 ½” – 48” (38 – 1219 mm) and can operate at increased cutting speeds to use plasma torches. The motor control box, with forward-stop-reverse positions and a rheostat, controls the rotational speed of the torch around the pipe. The speed and precision of these machines help deliver smooth cuts that require little or even no grinding. Being over five times faster, both experienced and inexperienced welders can benefit from the increased productivity and cut quality of Motorized Saddle Machines compared to traditional hand-cutting or manual machines.
- Requires little or no training to set up and achieve an accurate cut
- Virtually eliminates grinding cleanup after cutting
- The light compact unit is an excellent tool for shop or field applications
- Precision spacer bolts, located on both sides of saddle, provide stability and accuracy that result in high-quality cuts every time
- The saddle, ring gear and cap ring are made of 713 aluminum alloy and anodized to create a tough bearing surface for years of accurate cutting and beveling
- Can be used with most oxy/fuel or plasma machine torches with a 1 3/8" (35 mm) barrel diameter
- Mathey saddle machines have been working in the harshest environments on earth for more than 80 years
- Base machine
- Torch arm
- Mounting bracket
- Right angle DC drive motor
- Motor control box
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC Motorized Saddle Machine with PlasmaSpeed digital control
- Torch carrier assembly - Secures 1 3/8” (35mm) torch and allows cutting angle adjustment
- Boomer assembly - fastens the machine to the pipe
- Spacer bolts for mounting to different sizes of pipe
- 6SA and 8SA also includes extension plate and spacers
- Extension plate and spacers lower torch arm and torch carrier assembly in relationship to the surface of the pipe, so the smaller diameters can be cut with a 10" plasma or Oxy/fuel machine torch.
- Parts and operating manual
*Machine cutting torch not included