The Band Crawler, with the Monarch Band, is ideal for use when there is a minimum amount of clearance around the pipe.
The lightweight Band Crawler enables one man operation on diameters as large as 60" (1524mm).The stainless steel band can be positioned in tight areas of pipe runs that need repair as it requires only 6" (153mm) clearance. Monarch bands from 6" to 12" (152mm to 305mm) are made from 14 gauge stainless steel, while bands 14" (356mm) and larger are made from 12 gauge stainless steel. Bands for pipe sizes 6" to 60" (152 to 1524mm) and larger are available upon request. This light flexible band will allow the Band Crawler to give a consistent bevel on severely out-of-round pipe, as the band conforms to the pipe shape.
• One man can set up and cut pipes as large as 48" (1219mm).
• Band conforms to the condition of the pipe to keep the torch at a preset distance from the pipe wall.
• Ease of set-up is realized when cutting horizontal or vertical pipes due to lightweight band design.
• Low profile of the Crawler only requires 6" (152mm) of radial clearance around the pipe when used with a right angle drive adapter.
• Quick installation and closure with the latching mechanism of the band on the pipe.
• Positive alignment of the bands due to its uniquely designed "male/female" configured band ends to allow ease of alignment.
• One Band Crawler fits all band sizes.
• 60% faster than hand cutting and grinding.
• Base crawler machine
• Eccentric torch carrier
• 115 vac and 230 vac variable speed Motor and controller
• Parts and operating manual
*Machine cutting torch and torch angle head adapter are not included
• Band Crawler is available with 9' (2.7M) or 14' (4.3M) flexible drive cable for manual operation.
• Bands for odd sizes of pipe and vessels are available on request.
• Rack adjustable torch arm permits horizontal movement of the torch parallel to the pipe axis.
• Double torch arm allows cuts or bevels to be made simultaneously.
• Torches and tips available for all types of cutting gases.
• Torch shut-off valve to minimize adjustment of gas mixture to the cutting torch.