The Ground Millhog is ideal for beveling tubes during boiler outages and can end prep all boiler tube materials.
The critical width dimension is only 1.5” wide for accessing single tubes in a boiler tube waterwall, and it can be equipped with a Membrane Removal Head for removing membrane from boiler tubes from .875”-1.250” O.D.The available automatic air activated clamping system instantly clamps and releases the beveling tool to and from the tube I.D., reducing cycle time between end preps and increasing production.
- Range: End Prep .500-2.250” (12.7-57.2mm)
- Membrane Removal .875”-1.250”
- Critical width – 1.5” (38.1mm) for a single tube repair
- Compact low maintenance end prep tool
- Patented push-pull clamping and release system
- Permanently attached clamps and wrenches
- Rigidly mounts to tube I.D., easy to release
- Self centering torque-free operation
- Performs any angle of bevel
- Sealed construction allows use in any orientation
- Produces a smooth, continuous chip
- Steel housing with integral radial thrust ball bearing
- Chatter free blade locking system
- Uses TiN and Hard Lube coated cutter blades