The ideal chain clamp for the welder or fitter who does not need to reform elbows, tees or other fittings. The Dearman Light series of Chain Clamps are durable and versatile and, like the original Dearman Chain Clamp, reform up to Schedule 20 and align up to Schedule 40 pipe. The jackscrews in the jackbar give the welder the ability to obtain the optimum fit-up of the pipes or fittings to be joined.
This light-weight clamp is rapidly adjusted to any pipe diameter by pulling the chain through the main block. Precision outside or inside diameter alignment can be quickly obtained without operator fatigue.
• The level and support device assists the welder in holding and accurately positioning pipe or fittings for welding.
• Available in steel and stainless steel models for pipe 1" to 36" (25mm to 914mm) in diameter.
• ACCURATE—Within 1/64 of an inch alignment of internal or external pipe with jackbars spaced around the pipe joint.
• LESS FATIGUE —The lightweight Dearman Light Chain Clamp is the best tool for alignment of pipes and fittings when reforming is not required.
• THINK LIGHT —The 1" – 12" (25 – 305mm) Dearman Light Chain Clamp weighs 50% less than the 8" (203mm) hand lever cage clamp and covers the pipe size range of eleven (11) cage clamps.
• SAFE—Elbows, tees, flanges and other fittings can be held safely and securely in place during alignment with the level and support device (optional).
• VERSATILE —One chain clamp covers the pipe size range of eleven (11) cage clamps.
• PRECISELY ALIGNS pipe with wall thickness to Schedule 40, and reforms pipes to Schedule 40.
• Complete welding of the pipe and fittings can be accomplished without removal of the clamp.
• Add-on jackbar can be added to most models when pressure needs to be applied between the camp jackbars.
• Jackscrew pads independently pivot to handle uneven surfaces. Spacing screws can be added for precise weld gap adjustment.
• Mathey Dearman Chain Clamps can be reconfigured for stainless steel and other specialty alloy applications. Simply replace the carbon steel roller chain with stainless steel chain. All other components of Chain Clamps are made of stainless steel.
• The clamp should never be used as the sole support for the pipe, nor should it ever be used to lift the pipe.
• Do not exceed pipe size range listed without first contacting the Mathey Dearman sales department.
• Do not use any type of chain other than those listed below without first contacting Mathey Dearman sales department.
• Use of chain not supplied with clamp by Mathey Dearman will void the warranty of the clamp.