Plasma & TIG Welding
Air Liquide Welding, an innovative specialist in TIG and plasma processes, has been able to integrate the two processes into a single installation which can improve productivity by 30 to 50%. Please see the detailed specifications here.
Advantages of the plasma + TIG process:
- High quality of plasma weld.
- 30 to 50 % increase in productivity.
- Can be adapted to varied boiler-making processes due to its great flexibility.
In the plasma + TIG process, the plasma arc first melts the entire thickness of the joint by using a strongly confined plasma which only affects the appearance of the back of the joint.
250 to 300 mm away, the TIG arc equipped with filler metal and a magnetic oscillation system prepares the final appearance of the surface. By virtue of the magnetic oscillation and a 120 mm gas shield, this gives a perfect finish. The plasma + TIG process works on thicknesses between 3 and 8 mm. Thicknesses less than 3 mm can also be welded perfectly but only a single-torch TIG process is used.
Thicknesses greater than 8 mm require an additional single-torch TIG filling pass.
The plasma + TIG process is specially designed for large capacity stainless steel boiler work:
- length > 3 meters,
- diameter > 2.2 meters, or manufacture of large stainless steel tubes welded in one piece.
Video Product Demonstrations
Air Liquide Seamer:
Longitudinal Welding on Seamer Bench
- Start and end of weld on root face.
- Closing the vessel and even butt-joining
Welding on Seamer Bench
- Allowable thickness up to 10mm
- Maximum weldable length according to type of bench: 4m, 6m or 7m
Air Liquide Light Pole Fabrication:
Air Liquide TOPTIG Welding:
The technology addressed in this video demonstrates the enhanced features of the TOPTIG. The TOPTIG
delivers a patented liquid metal bridge. Please watch the video to see how the TOPTIG process works with
with a complete absence of spatter.
Air Liquide PTA CB-MATIC:
Plasma on Pipe:
Hydraulic Pipe Welding:
Vertical Plasma Welding: